We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Driver – Save Mart Roseville DC – 9999 Niblick Dr., Roseville, CA 95678
The Driver drives a tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products to and from warehouses, stores, and other designated locations. Drivers also work to provide excellent customer service and safely assist with unloading and reloading the trailers. This position is responsible for a timely delivery of product, comprehension of various transportation documents, and operating necessary mechanical controls on all tractor-trailers while demonstrating safe driving practices. The Driver interacts with customers in a professional manner and maintains effective communication regarding customer problems and requests.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Transports product to and from retail stores and distribution centers
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment (tractor and trailers) in accordance with all local, state, federal, DOT laws and company standards
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues
- Reports to assigned dispatcher and Transportation Supervisor on daily basis for route instructions
- Documents and logs work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic/magnetic form
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Counts freight from third-party vendors for backhauls
- May load and unload trailers; Wraps goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps
- Fastens chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit
- Inventories and inspects goods to be moved
- Obtains customer’s signature for services
- Drives truck to weigh station along route to document weight and conform to state regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Location: Roseville, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Proven working experience as a truck driver
- Ability to use the onboard computer system to assist in tracking the load from start to destination
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Ability to Inspect equipment, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Good written and oral communication skills
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years of Class A tractor trailer driving experience on public streets/highways.
Physical: This position requires frequent physical movement, to include standing, sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, kneeling, reaching, handling and rotation. Heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling may be required of objects and/or equipment
- Must possess and maintain a permanent Class A commercial driver’s license
- Must be flexible to work any 5 days of the week including holidays and weekends
- Must satisfy driving record requirements
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – the San Joaquin Valley.
The Modesto community is vibrant with great traditions, educational opportunities and multi-cultural lifestyles. Aside from mild weather year-round, Modesto allows for easy access to many major tourist attractions in California. To the west lies the San Francisco Bay Area (90-miles) and the Santa Cruz Beach (115-miles). To the east is the famed Gold Country “Mother Lode” (50-miles) and a little farther you can find the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range, Lake Tahoe (180-miles) and Yosemite National Park (110-miles).
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.